Pleasant Valley Food Service offers nutritious breakfasts and lunches. Proper nutrition is fundamental for the success of academic programs. Our meals meet the USDA Nutrition Standards, which require the following:
- Age appropriate calorie limits
- Larger servings of vegetables and fruits (students must take at least one serving)
- A wider variety of vegetables, including dark green, red/orange, and legumes
- Fat-free or 1% milk (flavored milk must be fat-free)
- More whole grains
- Less sodiumNow is a great time for students to choose school lunch! Check out the “Meal Requirements” or "Nutrition Resources" tab to learn more. School menus are created monthly and posted here by the last day of the previous month. Menus are subject to change without notice. The milk variety offered is skim white, chocolate, or 1% white. Fruit or juice is provide with breakfast. If there is a school cancelation due to weather please check the website lunch menu to see the updated menu for any changes. Meal Prices 2016-17
If you have any questions regarding the menus, please contact Andrea Mahler, Food Service Director at (563) 332-5550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.